Shopping small and local means your gift-giving will be unique and rare, and most appreciated by your Loves.
Often times, designer artisans have gifts that inspire & delight because they are hand crafted and one-of-a-kind.
When you shop with local vendors, you can give items that are made regionally and reflect the best your town or city has to offer.
Be on the lookout for local Craft Fairs, Farmer's Markets, Holiday Shoppes at schools and churches, stores in your local Downtown Shopping District/Main Street, Etsy, and other Online Marketplaces.
Are you on Facebook? Your friends and neighbors may have small businesses, and sometimes they'll share what they have on their feeds. Check out their business pages and websites. Sometimes they'll gift wrap, deliver, and even create something custom for you.
Think outside the run-of-the-mill gift box for ideas. Jams, jellies, local fresh produce, honey, local designer bracelets, handmade candles, spa and beauty products made with herbs from the area (hint hint!)
Here's 22 of our favorite unique & amazing gifts to give
- A trio of spicy Pepper Jams & Jellies with crackers and spreaders
- A gourmet gift basket with local Non-GMO grits, cornmeal, and honey
- Local herb oil for dipping bread
- A set of 4 handmade candles
- Handcrafted face washing set using Georgia flowers
- One of a kind beaded bracelets in a gift box
- Herbal lip balm and minty lip scrub duo in a cute travel bag
- Pet treats made fresh from an in-town shop
- Gift tags and Holiday cards from local artists
- A year long Museum membership
- A year long Zoo family membership
- Massage certificates to locally owned spas with spa bag and lunch gift card
- Gift cards to local restaurants
- Gift vouchers from local clothing shoppes
- Memberships to nearby Yoga Studios
- Facial gift certificates for local skin studios
- 12 weeks of Gymnastics or Tumbling or Self Defense classes
- Fitness classes & memberships
- Handmade aromatherapy soaps with spa quality wash cloths and towels
- Locally made beard oil & grooming tools
- Hand-knitted scarves and cold weather goods
- Hand crocheted spa wash cloths with local made bath salts