Bacon for beautiful skin? Yes please!
It’s actually zucchini bacon.
It’s actually zucchini.
A friend of mine made zucchini lasagna rolls and in that recipe the zucchini is sliced lengthwise. I thought ‘that kinda looks like bacon’. Um, no. Now you know where my mind usually resides. Yes, food.
So 1 medium zucchini has 60% vitamin C and 40% vitamin A so I’m adding to my beautiful skin micronutrient content when I chow down on this ‘bacon’.
This how we did it:
- We heated up our grill-marked iron skillet with a coating a vegetable oil (we got ours from ‘Grandma’, she has lots of iron skillets and she happily shares them with us)
- We sliced fresh zucchini lengthwise (we got ours from the farmer’s market from a grower we’ve bought from for years, that’s special)
- Then we sprinkled our raw zucchini slices with smoke salt, that’s what adds the ‘bacon’ flavor
- Next we put the seasoned zucchini slices on the medium hot iron skillet
- To add weight, we put a smaller iron skillet on top of the zucchini (we got that iron skillet from ‘Grandma too’)
- We let it cook and caramelize a little, we turned it over, and put the smaller iron skillet on the other side to add weight again.
- Lastly we transferred it to a plate when it reached the tenderness we wanted (it was a little crisp still, just like bacon lol)
Fake bacon at its finest.