Face masks that incorporate absorbent clays in their formulas use its natural characteristics to help get skin squeaky clean.
Bentonite clay is a type of absorbent clay (it’s actually volcanic ash) that’s used on the face to help purify skin.
The secret lies in clays (which are superfine soils and rocks) ‘shrink / swell' capacity.
Shrink / swell means that clays expand when wet, and they contract as they dry.
Here’s how it works:
- You apply wet clay face mask to your skin
- The clay becomes drier on your skin (it loses moisture)
- The clay begins contracting
- As the clay contracts, it exerts a gentle ‘pulling action’ on your skin
- The ‘pulling action’ draws out excess oils from your skin's surface
- You rinse your skin well (before the mask gets TOTALLY dry)
- Your skin is refreshed
You don’t want to allow the mask to become completely dry and flaky on your skin, or it may kind of itch a little.
Dirty Beauty’s clay face mask is called DIRTY (of course), and it gently exfoliates too.